I no longer update this site! Go to http://tyrantmizar.blogsome.com/ instead!

Saturday, April 16, 2005

A Disturbing Trend...

How many ads?I've noticed a disturbing trend popping up lately. Namely, in game advertising. I first noticed it back in Feburary, with the discovery of Matrix Online advertising. Back then, I thought nothing of it... how foolish of me. Now, however, no less then ten companies are signed up to advertise in over 40 games this year alone.

Man, going through the streets of Earth in Halo 3 will be simply ridden with advertisments. Everywhere you look, Coca-Cola! Honda! IGN! Star Wars! Pasted on every other wall will be a poster of some hot chick with a Mountain Dew bottle in her hand. Why? So companies can more accurately "target this elusive sector [18-34 demographic] of the consumer base much more easily."

Don't believe me? Look at this:

Joystiq's Matrix Online Ads [Read]
IGN joines the fray [Read]
Massive Inc., creators of the first video game ad network is created [Read]
posted by Tyrantmizar at 8:53 PM | TrackBack |