I no longer update this site! Go to http://tyrantmizar.blogsome.com/ instead!

Monday, June 27, 2005

Back From the Dead

Nintendo Entertainment SystemI'm back from the dead!! Give me a hip hip hooray! *silence* Ah... never mind...

Anyway, if you want to be the proud owner of an NES (see picture) and 783 games, then look no furthur! Some guy is selling it on eBay, and it can be yours! However, you have to: first, beat the current bid of $5,600, and then reach the reserve (which hasn't been met yet).

This is ridiculous. There aren't all that many good games for the NES. Sure, there were the classics, the brilliantly designed games that spawned series. But no way are there more than 50 or so of those types of games. You want my opinion? (well tough, I'm giving it anyway) Don't bid all of that money and try them all. Chances are you'll never even pick up 700 of those games again.

If I were that person, I would wait several more years, until those games become things that museums would buy. Right now, it's worth almost crap. I seriously doubt that set is worth all that much more than a few hundred.

eBay item [Read]

Update June 28, 12:20 pm:Up to $8,100 and the reserve still hasn't been met. Hoo boy.
Update:Bidding ended at $10,099.99. Seeing as the reserve wasn't met, I'm wondering if neswoman ended up selling it.

Tags:
posted by Tyrantmizar at 2:44 PM | TrackBack |