I no longer update this site! Go to http://tyrantmizar.blogsome.com/ instead!

Monday, June 06, 2005

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones Reviewed! --Replayability

A Fire Emblem BattlefieldI've decided to skip the Multiplayer review of Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones because I can sum it up in one word: sucks. You most certainly would not buy this game for the multiplayer mode. You would buy it for the campaign mode and the hours of gaming and replay value it offers. This last part, coincidentally, is what this post is about.

Replay Value
This game has excellent replay value. I simply cannot put it down, and yet the game keeps continuing. The campaign mode is lengthy and immersing. You grow to connect with many of the characters, either through the plot evolution or the support conversations. One major source of replay value, is that, at a certain point in the game, you choose between Eirika and Emphraim and finish the game with them. Then, you can replay with the other character, and learn more about the plot, as well as you play different maps.

There are countless other parts that add to the replay value. You can focus on different characters, or try a different difficulty. The single player mode offers tons of hours of guaranteed gameplay, and makes this game a great one in itself.

+ 9 all of the good things I said
- 1 no multiplayer to continue past the campaign
8 /10 for replayability

Note/Edit(08/01/05): I lowered the score 2 points because it isn't as replayable as I thought. I guess you really do have to play it through to figure out.

Note: The Plot review won't come for some time, so be patient. Hopefully I'll have enough to make it sooner, rather than later. Also, I apologize for the crappines of this post. I'm a bit tired today, but I don't want to put off writing this even more.

Also see Graphics, Sound, Gameplay, Multiplayer, Replayability, and Plot.

Technorati Tags:
posted by Tyrantmizar at 5:38 PM | TrackBack |