I no longer update this site! Go to http://tyrantmizar.blogsome.com/ instead!

Monday, August 01, 2005

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones Reviewed! --Plot

Fight!I finally got Fire Emblem finished! Granted, I wasn't exactly playing it night and day... Anyway, this is the plot post.

I am going to try to make this as spoiler-free as possible. If you don't believe me, then don't read this post!

Let us start with the presentation of the plot. As mentioned in my previous Fire Emblem review posts, the plot is seen in the conversations between characters. Suprisingly, this works extremely well. It is easy to get involved in the storyline, and if you don't want to listen to them ramble, the START button will skip (I believe) any conversation.

There are also support conversations. They are conversations between units (yes, on the battlefield) that give statistic bonuses and a nice insight into the the character's personalities. I find it amazing that the authors of this storyline managed to keep all of the characters personalities straight. Each person says something that they would say, and rarely just what needs to be said to advance the plot.

There isn't much to say about the plot. It is very involving and actually quite good. Get this game for the plot, but don't keep it for the plot. There are other things to keep playing the game for.

+8 presentation of the storyline
+2 for storyline
-1 because I feel like it
9 for plot
Graphics, Sound, Gameplay, Multiplayer, Replayability, and Plot.
Tags:
posted by Tyrantmizar at 10:56 AM | TrackBack |